Current Status, by Community:
- No set date has been scheduled and is pending substantial completion of the entire development in the following communities:
- The Desrochers Villages HOA Board of Directors will be elected at the first Annual General Meeting in the Fall of 2023. For more information on volunteer opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
- Turnover is complete in the following communities, only:
Homeowners’ Association (HOA) FAQ
Helping to ensure that quality is sustained through the lifetime of a community can be supported by the provision of a Homeowners’ Association (HOA).
A community with a HOA may be appealing to a home buyer who:
- Appreciates enhanced maintenance and preservation of their neighbourhood
- Values resident involvement and decision-making
What is a HOA?
- A HOA, or Homeowners’ Association, is a non-profit group that enforces standards and guidelines for the community, and who makes financial decisions related to the upkeep and maintenance of the neighbourhood.
What are HOA Fees Used for?
HOA fees are used towards the maintenance of community amenities. Depending on the features in your community, this could include:
- Constructed wetlands and stormwater management facilities
- Wood screen fencing on major roadways and walkways
- Entry treatments, landscape features, fountains, and boulevards, and
- Additional items at the discretion of the Homeowner’s Association.
How Often do I Pay HOA Fees?
- HOA fees will initially be collected once at the time of lot purchase and are held in trust by MLC Group.
- When MLC Group transitions the community to the HOA’s Board of Directors, the HOA will begin to collect fees on an annual basis.
- An encumbrance is registered on the title of every lot ensuring that all property
- Owners are obligated to the HOA to sustain the long term maintenance of the community.
- *Please note: households may not opt out of HOA payments.
How Much do HOA Fees Cost?
*Please note: fees may vary across communities.
- The initial payment into the HOA is typically $250 per household.
- Once the HOA becomes active, then:
- Fees will be charged annually
- The annual amount will be determined by the community’s Board of Directors (which takes over from MLC Group), and
- Annual fee amounts may be determined by the extent of maintenance and service provider consultations and contracts, as directed by the HOA.
When will the HOA Take Effect?
The HOA will take effect approximately one year before substantial completion of the entire development. Upon substantial completion of the development, the community will elect a Board of Directors, and the HOA will become active.
How can I Become a Member of the HOA?
Every homeowner is automatically a member. Homeowners can also volunteer to serve on the HOA’s Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is elected by the community. Each property will have one vote.