A final concept plan for the Heritage Valley District Park has been released by the City of Edmonton. This park will be located in the Desrochers Villages neighbourhood, and will be home to Dr. Anne Anderson high school (opened in 2021), as well as a Catholic high school (currently in the design stage). Two new schools and brand new park space in Desrochers Villages? You can’t beat that!
The plan for the Heritage Valley District Park has exciting features. Proposed is a recreation centre, multiple sports fields, and a variety of open space amenities to serve Desrochers Villages.
Construction of the Heritage Valley District Park will be completed in 2 stages (subject to approved funding).
Stage 1 includes completion of areas surrounding Dr. Anne Anderson High School; some of the features are:
- Multi-use field
- Combination field (U17-100 yrd)
- High performance field with irrigation, and
- Shared use trails.
Stage 2 incorporates the space surrounding the Heritage Valley Catholic High School. Construction could begin in 2023, subject to approved funding. Proposed features include:
- U9 soccer pitch
- Combination field (U17 – 100 yrd)
- High performance field with irrigation
- Full size ball diamond and U11 baseball diamond
- Shared use trails
- Outdoor classroom
- Amphitheatre, and
- Sliding hill.
Even more impressive, additional seasonal amenities have been considered as part of Stage 2! These features include:
- Splash park, playground, and family area
- Cultural/heritage garden
- Central plaza with public art
- Enclosed artificial turf field with lighting
- Skate park
- Running track with track and field amenities
- Picnic facilities with warming hut
- Ice rink/skating loop, and more!
This sounds like a whole lot of fun for the residents of Desrochers Villages!
The Heritage Valley District Park adds to an ever-growing list of amenities for Desrochers Villages. If you’re ready to build in this vibrant South West Edmonton neighbourhood, connect with one of our award-winning builders today: