Interested in purchasing a public or commercial lot directly from MLC Group?
Read through these frequently asked questions for more information.
What is a public lot?
A public lot is a special lot that is available to persons outside of the designated builder group in a MLC community.
Who can purchase a public lot?
Anyone can purchase a public lot. You do not have to be a builder or company.
I want to buy a public lot. What do I do next?
Familiarize yourself with the Lot Hold Policy and Architectural Guidelines for the community where you want to buy the lot and then follow the instructions in the Lot Hold Policy
What is the Lot Hold Policy?
- The Lot Hold Policy contains all the information you need to place a lot on hold.
- Lot Hold Policies are different for each community.
Is GST included in the lot price?
No. GST is additional.
Can I choose my own builder or do I have to choose from the designated group of builders if I buy a public lot?
You can choose your own builder.
What about Architectural Design Guidelines? Are there restrictions on the kind of house I can build?
Yes. If you are interested in purchasing a public lot, please read the Architectural Guidelines to avoid forfeiting your deposit.
Can small volume builders purchase public lots? For example: 10-15 lots?
What about financing? Can I negotiate financing terms?
No, we do not offer financing.
How do I find out when I have to pay out my lot in full?
The standard terms listed in the Lot Hold Policy for your neighbourhood will explain when the lot needs to be paid out by.
Are there HOA fees on these lots?
HOA fees may apply to lots in some communities.
Is there a time limit on when the house needs to be built?
Typically it is a year from purchase to start construction, but timeframes may vary.
Can I take a tour of the lot?
Absolutely. Feel free to drive out and take a look at the lot anytime. Street addresses are provided for your convenience.
Can I change the zoning of a lot. For example: can I buy a single family lot and build a duplex?
No. If you purchase a lot that is designated single family zoning, you must build a single family home on that lot.
Will you trade a lot?
What happens when two people want to buy the same public lot?
- If you wish to challenge a public lot on hold, you need to provide a cheque representing the 20% down payment on the lot.
- Once your 20% deposit cheque has been received, the original Purchaser will be notified and given 48 hours (excluding weekends and statutory holidays) to either finalize their purchase or release the lot.
- If the original Purchaser decides to release their hold, then you must be prepared to execute an Agreement for Sale, and the 20% deposit you provided will be cashed.
Is it possible to purchase only 1 half of a duplex lot?
No. Both duplex lots must be purchased at the same time.
I want a lot not listed here. Who do I talk to about getting a different lot?
Only listed lots are available for purchase. Get priority notification when new lots are released by signing up to our mailing lists.